Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Torsion Box

These pictures are in reverse order as I am still trying to figure out the blogger interface. I built this torsion box to go under the primary floor for a couple of reason. I needed to raise the camper a little to clear the bed rails on my truck. I also wanted to add whatever storage I could manage. The 2 outside compartments are 16" and the center is 24". All that is left is to fasten the 2 together.

This thing was heavier then I would have liked. I ended up dragging it over the snow from the deck to the camper. Again with the weight issue. Once I get the basics done, I plan to weight it in order to establish a baseline.



Here is a shot of the completed box. 2 1/2" sheets and several 2X4's. I used stainless steel deck screws to put it together. Once the weather improves, I will seal and paint it to increase its lifespan.

No comments:

Post a Comment