Thursday, February 4, 2010

Goals

Now that I have actually started the restoration, I thought it was a good time to re-examine my goals for this camper.

1. Use the camper to travel to the Grand Canyon with my son in June for 5 - 10 days (TBD).
2. Use the camper to explore Nebraska and surrounding states - looking for out of the way adventures (minor ones)

Camper Goals
1. Sleep 3 adults in a T configuration. 2 single beds along the wheel wells. 1 single bed across the camper towards the truck cab. This bed will fold down to provide back support for sitting on the 2 other beds when rellaxi
2. Late night Facilities so that you do not have to leave the camper if you choose not too. #1 only.
3. Fantastic Fan
4. AC - it gets darn hot in NE during the summer
5. Outdoor water. I like the outdoor showers on new campers. I just really need cold water and a sprayer
6. Battery power for lights, fan, maybe a laptop or DVD player since my son is 13 and likes his electronics
7. Outside lighting to read by so that a lantern is not required.
8. Some sort of awning that is self contained and easy to deploy.
9. Drawers and doors to store stuff.
10. Coffee maker or someway quick to make coffee in the morning. I hate waiting for it.

I am sure there will be a lot more, but some decisions need to be determined before I start building inside the camper. This is the part I am most looking forward too. The next post will describe what needs to be done before I can build out the interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment